CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Laws: Abide or Abandon?!?!




Today is a day where my brain is running in circles and thinking about nothing, yet everything at once. It seems to have taken a detour from the normal, and ventured down a path I rarely travel. It has picked it's destination, LAWS.

We've all read the comical, insanely pointless laws that most states had at one point. Although those are cool to know about, what about more of the common laws. What's the point? If they aren't really enforced, why do we have them? And better yet, what about the laws that prevent stupidity? Why have those in affect? All it is doing is flooding the already polluted gene pool!

First off, this law is enforced, but I sincerely believe it should be abolished. Why? Simply put, IDIOTS NEED TO DIE. In California you must LEGALLY wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle. Honestly, I believe California should be like many other states and have helmets be optional. I believe this will help California in a number of ways. First off, we'll have more organ donors. Honestly, if you don't wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle, all you are is a future organ donor. There are plenty of people here in California in need of your organs. Get rid of the helmet law, and watch all the idiots take themselves out, and people will get the organs they need. Also, California is WAY over populated. Drive down the freeway on a warm day and watch as TONS of idiots speed past you on their brand new sports bikes. They pay absolutely no attention to traffic, and have no respect for the bike. Imagine for a minute, they were riding without a helmet. They are bound to drop or lay that bike down eventually. When they do, BAM!, one less person in California. Actually, several less people in California. Because, that's 1 less person to reproduce! Yes! Score California! So, get rid of the helmet law and have more organ donors, and reduce the population. Good idea, let the idiots weed themselves out by not being smart enough to gear up properly!

Along the same ideas as the post above, I feel the same way about seat belts. I think seat belts, much like helmets, should be mandatory for people under the age of 18. Once you reach the age of being an "adult," then it's your choice if you want to die by flying out the windshield and being ran over. Yet again, it will have the same results as making wearing helmets optional. More organ donors, and a lower population. Sounds like a good idea to me. Although, this could mean more carnage on the road, which could mean more traffic. Honestly, I think the pros outweigh the cons though!

In the mean time, and no matter what, I will continue to wear my seat belt and my helmet. I like my organs the way they are, in my body!

The next, I have rather mixed feelings, and if anyone is actually reading my stupid blog, I would adore your feed back. Nudity in public. It is randomly enforced (typically only if there is a complaint), and I just can't seem to make my mind on it. Nudity is such a natural thing, the human body is such a thing of beauty (and I don't mean in a sexual way!). I think one should have the right to wonder around their backyard, and general area of their house in the nude. Honestly, I believe people should have the right to be nude whenever and wherever they please. But, here comes the part that messes me up every time, violence. If a woman was to go shopping alone in the nude, it is almost a guarantee that she would be assaulted in some way. This is sad. If a woman will be assaulted walking down the street fully dressed, I imagine nude would just be a fiasco. Why is this? Well, it's because of the way we as Americans have been raised. Nudity is seen as a simply sexual matter, and not the honestly natural act that it really is. But, alas, since the people of our society seem to only be able to associate nudity with vulgarity and sexual matters, it will remain something allowed in very restricted circumstances, and only enforced when someone complains. This is a law I will abide only when others are looking!

General traffic laws just annoy me. I see so many people fail to use their turn signals, make illegal left hand turns, park in no stopping or no parking zones, fail to yield, run stop signs, unsafe lane changes, tailgating, and of course, speeding. Of these, in my eyes, speeding is the least dangerous. Your typical speeder who gets a ticket is only doing about 80. In most freeways in California, this is the speed of traffic. They aren't being reckless (following too closely, changing lanes unsafely, or otherwise putting others at risk). Yet speeders seem to be what cops crack down on the most. Why? Is it because they are an easy victim? Is it because the fines are higher? Or is it because cops are just LAZY!!! Take your pick, their probably all right. I know cops say they don't have a "quota," but I beg to differ. Speed traps are stupid, a waste of time, and a needless use of our police force! Crack down on the people who change lanes suddenly, tailgate people on motorcycles, who don't signal before turning or changing lanes, run stop signs, fail to yield for pedestrians, and otherwise actually put people AT RISK. Your typical speeder is someone like me, who otherwise drives respectfully. I use my turn signals, I come to full and complete stops, I yield for merging traffic, I allow motorcycles extra room to pass, I respect myself and other drivers, I just tend to do it at 80 or 90 mph. Does that make me a bad driver because I speed? No. I don't tailgate, I don't get impatient because traffic slowed down, and I don't put others at risk just because I want to go fast. I just cruise. Yet I am the person most likely to get popped by the cops. Is this fair? No, but what in life is? So, equally enforce all traffic laws, or abolish all of them. Level the playing field! Grrrrr....

Finally, I'm not a racist and I'm not a sexist but I think that Affirmative Action should be abolished. It's really not fair. People being hired simply to meet quotas, and not really based upon their skills. Women being hired simply to fill a quota, simply to be a statistic, not because they are valued as a person, as an employee. I sincerely believe that Affirmative Action just reinforces racism and sexism. It says "We know you're inferior, so here, we'll give you a leg up!" Hell no! How about this, from here on out, all job interviews will be done interogation style. There will be a plate of one way glass between the interviewer and the person applying for the job. The person applying for the job can see the person interviewing, but not vice versa. In that case, you will be judged simply upon your skills. No name on your resume, nothing to denote sex, or ethnicity. Hah, now the field is leveled. Screw that, that's too much work, how about we try this. Apply for job, if you don't get, don't be a whiney ass little cry baby, go apply for another one. Yeah, that works!

I'm sure I could continue on like this all day, but my brain is starting to veer off to a new subject. Until the next time, stay classy blogspot!

0 comments: